The term “wizard” isn’t my favorite one. It feels like I’m installing Windows for Workgroups 3.11 again or my Linksys WRT54G. My own preference aside though, Cisco ISE 2.2 is an important release for Cisco and introduces some much needed simplification and adds some great new functionality. This series of 7 videos took me just under 90 minutes to finish and now I’ve got a number of new things to talk about with enterprises that are looking ahead to software-defined networking. Identity services will be an important component of that.
Many thanks to Jason Kunst (LinkedIn, Twitter), a Technical Marketing Engineer on the ISE team at Cisco!! The video’s provide a walk-through of how to deploy a few important features in about 5 minutes each:
- Secure access and DOT1X network access
- Guest access (hot-spot, self-registered, and employee-sponsored)
- Bring Your Own Device using Dual and Single SSID deployment styles
Here’s the video playlist:
Here’s the breakdown of videos:
- ISE Secure Access Wizard Intro: If you saw early versions of this you may have seen it as Easy Wireless. This tool greatly simplifies deployment of ISE services for wired and wireless access for employees, employee BYOD, and guest access.
- ISE Secure Access Wizard: Hotspot Guest Access in 5 minutes.
- ISE Secure Access Wizard: BOYD (Single SSID Style) in 5 minutes.
- ISE Secure Access Wizard: DOT1X deployed in 5 minutes.
- ISE Secure Access Wizard: Guest Self Registration deployment in 5 minutes.
- ISE Secure Access Wizard: BYOD (Dual SSID Style) deployment in 5 minutes.
- ISE Secure Access Wizard: Sponsored Guest Portal deployment in 5 minutes.